Friday, October 15, 2010

Chili Chili


Let's talk chili.

You may remember at one point I mentioned that I would make the winning eats recipe from a prior post from a while ago. I decided to make them all and rate them.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

First one: Sweet Chili.

2 cans Hormel chili
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
2 tablespoons honey
1 stick of cinnamon

It's a simple dish for the cost conscious college student. All the materials can be gathered from Wal-Mart (much as I despise it, it's the only thing around). You follow the directions for making the chili and add the other ingredients in relatively early in the process while it is still beginning to heat up. Make sure to stir them in. For the cinnamon, just crush it up and put it in. No worries.

To be honest, it's a sexily delicious dish. The juxtaposition of sweet and and very spicy is delicious. If you're craving that sort of home comfort but looking for something sumptuous, this is your dish.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

White-trash ambrosia, or as I like to call it, Cheesy Chili

2 cans Hormel Chili
1 block velveta cheese-like-product (I personally used that cheese in bag you get for tacos with a quarter brick of sharp cheddar that was lying around)

Place together in bowl.
Microwave until melty.
Stir.
PIG THE HELL OUT.

Another relatively "harmless" chili, the mix of dairy and spice has always been a wonderful one in my opinion. With Hormel chili it works especially well. It is indeed a good taste. I recommend putting in enough cheese until your chili takes on either a light brown or a very dark rough orange color. It's not done until then.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

This'll be the first in what I hope will be a more positive take on the college experience from me. I like having a place to vet my frustrations, but I keep forgetting that people actually tend to read this stuff.

Meh, still a revelation for me. So, no worries, I'm not manically depressed and in danger of being suicidal. I'm just in college. There's a difference, but only sometimes. ;D

No comments:

Post a Comment