Friday, October 8, 2010

Reasons and Reflections

Let's be honest here: I procrastinate. I'm surprised that I've even written this many blogs. Usually I get bored with writing them about the time I realize that nobody actually reads them. But with this, it seems to be different.

You see, for some odd reason, I've actually gotten quite a few people who have told me that they have read my blog. Which is surprising, since I tend to think it's utter crap most of the time. I suppose it maybe my humor, or the fact that I'm not afraid to bash myself with said humor, or that fact that I'm pretty open with my humor and bashing and life and hence it may or may not make for an interesting read.

Or maybe it's just the fact that I tend to write like a schizophrenic monkey on a bad acid trip. Yeah, that's probably it.

Not that I know what an acid trip would be like. I don't do drugs. Or drink. Or believe in god. I tend to shy away from such addictions and replace them with wholesome, life enhancing methods of living. Like video games. And Dungeons and Dragons. And collecting pretzels. And writing crap blogs I think nobody will read and yet I always get overwhelming and surprising responses for and so I continue to do so even thought I highly doubt my ability to accurately portray anything that may be considered "true."

It's a character choice.

Speaking of choices, I'm going to choose to make that dish I promised you guys tomorrow. I've selected the final dish, but I suppose you'll just have to read it to find out what it is.

Cliffhanger. Are you hung?

On the whole reflections thing: being twenty is pretty cool. You can never be called a teenager again, and people give you that sort of knowingly appreciative look when you say your age now, like they understand that you're growing but since you're 20 you've automatically reached a point where you can now be considered to not be a whinny self indulgent parasite.

At least, that's the theory.

I know people say 20 is the lamest age, but that's just because people have to wait to legally drink another year and it teases them. Me? I don't drink (if you didn't get that, you may want to figure out whether you do or not, otherwise, call a doctor). So it's perfectly acceptable (all of these parentheses are throwing off the flow in a way I cannot seem to correct).

In summation, I like being twenty. School is pretty good. And I'm actually learning that people aren't always sacks of lying hating scum that should be not trusted at all costs. It's a pretty good development. I'm looking forward to the next chapter of it.

As for her, I miss her. I feel adrift without her. I know this is all so melodramatic, and you can't wait to read about how much more I miss her. I'm sorry. It's not original and it is cliché, but it's not my fault if it's my life. I plead the fourth wall. I love her, and it's these moments of appreciation that I think is what makes a real relationship. When you find yourself thinking about the other person, not because of something bad, but because you genuinely miss their presence.

Who would have ever thought I had such a heart?

Memo to self: Gladiator and over exposure to British accents may cause verbosity beyond measure. I think I'm better tonight than I was right after watching Gladiator. It was bad.

Hence, my procrastination.

No comments:

Post a Comment